The tile sheet converter tool.
You can use this tool to convert 1 sheet of tiles as 1 picture into an array of bytes. This array can be put in your code, so that you can use it to show a bigger image built up with these tiles, on the arduboy screen.
The specificaton of the image.
The image must have the following characteristics:
- a tile sheet has 1 column of tiles vertically arranged
- the top tile is the first one, bottom tile the last one
- 100% pure black and 100% pure white pixels.(transparant pixels will be converted into black pixels)
- height and width needs to be a multiple of 8. (8x8, 16x16, 24x24,32x32)
- a tile has to be square
- naming is very specifiek: nameTileSheet_widthOfTilexheightOfTile (example: myTileSheet_8x8)
The Function(s) you could use with this array.
To show a tile out of the sheet on the arduboy screen, you should use the function drawSelfMasked, but make sure you have updated the Arduboy2 library to at least version 3.1.1.
drawSelfMasked(xPostion, yPosition, myTileSheet, tileNumber);